Rite Way Mfg. Co. Ltd. offers an excellent working environment and an attractive compensation and benefits package.
Rite Way has two locations in Canada: Imperial and Regina, Saskatchewan.
Email a letter of application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Please indicate what position you are applying for in the subject line.
The Design Engineer is responsible for developing designs for products and product components, as well as for creating and updating models, drawings and documentation. Each engineer’s position will include a combination of some of the following duties as assigned.
- Design and integrate new products and features into the Rite Way product lines
- Creation and refinement of technical mechanical part and assembly drawings to capture design intent and document the key aspects necessary to accomplish the manufacturing goals of a project
- Consider the implications of cost, safety and time constraints
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Shop Floor, Purchasing, etc.) to ensure project success
- Create and maintain of a Bill of Materials for assigned projects
- Create and maintain parts and user manuals.
- Create instructions for installation of update kits
- Ensure that designs are able to be manufactured reliably by working with production team
- Ensure products will perform consistently in specified operating environments and are safe, efficient and effective
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation
- Recommend improvements to current design of products
- Recommend modifications following prototype test results
- Design cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in agricultural equipment design
- Skilled in use of design software, including Inventor, AutoCAD and SOLIDWORKS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Eligible for APEGS membership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Team player comfortable with working with others