Rite Way Mfg. Co. Ltd. offers an excellent working environment and an attractive compensation and benefits package.
Rite Way has two locations in Canada: Imperial and Regina, Saskatchewan.
Email letter of application and resume to email@example.com Please indicate what position you are applying for in the subject line.
Production Welder I
Reports to Welding Supervisor
The position of Production Welder I includes but is not limited to production welding, prototype building, service & repair welding, and fitter welding. Responsibilities will include the fabrication of custom components from supplied drawings, fabrication of custom jigs and fixtures to produce production parts, as well as the fabrication of metal structures using jigs and fixtures in a high paced production environment.
The use of various hand tools, machinery and equipment will be required to manufacture metal products. This position will work with supervisors and lead hands to ensure continuous improvements, meeting quotas and welding according to pre-set parameters using MIG welding processes. Additionally, the welder will be required to read and understand production drawings, blueprints, work orders and other written instructions.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues.
- Review blueprints and specifications; ensure drawings and specifications will function as designed in environment intended for use.
- Other assigned work as required.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- One year experience as a Welder.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
Additional Requirements (can be attained after hiring)
- Crane safe operation training
- Safe rigging training
- Forklift license
- WHMIS training
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Regular light physical effort (bending, reaching, carrying light items, walking, standing)
- Occasional heavy physical effort (carrying, lifting or pushing heavy items)
- Requirement for visual effort
- Requirement for manual dexterity and coordination
- Limited travel to off-site locations
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Work both indoors and outdoors.
- Requirement to consult with and/or co-ordinate activities with other employees
- Problems or situations are similar and have limited impact, usually within a department. Use judgment to select a solution from known methods or practices.
- Problems or situations are different and require interpretation. Judgment is used to identify the most appropriate solution from several options using prior knowledge and experience. Impact of decisions may have a minor impact beyond the position’s department.
- Specific responsibilities and objectives are assigned with minimal latitude for setting of priorities and decision making, using established practices and procedures. Guidance is available and work is periodically checked for accuracy and completeness.
- Decisions have a significant effect on the operations. Decisions would result in significant gain or loss to the organization’s public image, internal operations, services or programs or corporate objectives.
- Work may involve responsibility for providing training and work guidance to others within the work unit, or while continuing to perform the normal day to day activities of the position.